The person occupying this position will be performing day to day bookkeeping tasks on general billing receivable and other general support functions. These tasks include:
- the preparation and submission of customer Request for Payment, invoices and receipts;
- checking received payments, coordinating deposit activities, inputting in systems and allocating funds;
- tracking and auditing petty cash, updating and verifying journals and ledgers and performing necessary reconciliations;
- monitoring and following up of internal accounts, non-payment, delayed payment and aged debtors;
- liaising with colleagues, clients and suppliers on billing related matters;
- perform scanning, filing and general administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate for this job should:
- have basic knowledge of accounting and book keeping principles and procedures;
- previous experience in accounts;
- have good written, verbal and report-writing skills in English;
- have very good multi-tasking with excellent eye for details and time management skills;
- be conversant with MS office applications;
- be able to keep calm under stressful situations;
- be able to interact cordially, with respect and dignity with other colleagues.
Knowledge of the Shireburn accounting system would be considered an asset.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the selected candidate.
How to apply
If you believe your career objectives match this role, please email in confidence a detailed CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st April 2019.