WH Partners is a Malta-based law firm particularly active in the areas of technology, gaming & gambling, payments, tax, corporate law, corporate finance, M&A and corporate services. Our firm has received several awards in recognition of its leading expertise in the gaming & gambling industry and the quality of the services it provides. Both our firm and individual partners are highly ranked by the leading independent legal directories.
Objectives of the Role
To support the legal Gaming team
- Proactively monitors, assesses, reviews and reports to senior management with upcoming regulatory changes on a worldwide basis and any related risks
- Handles licensing issues and other related compliance matters in existing and future regulated markets
- Identifies, creates and maintains the company’s framework of policies, instructions and procedures to ensure all is compliant with the regulations and directives
- Provide day to day support to all internal and external stakeholders
- Working in areas such as Gambling License and Legislation etc.
- Processing compliance based assessments and reports and professionally presenting them to senior level management within the business.
- Take complete ownership of the compliance function for the business and stay on top of all potential changes and amendments to legislation as and when they occur
- Operate in a team environment
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar compliance based role, ideally within the iGaming Industry, gaming authority and or financial services is accepted.
- Experience in completing compliance assessments within the business
- Experience working with a compliance risk register.
- An absolute, team player and self-starter with a driven and motivated attitude.
- An interest or knowledge of iGaming, Sportsbook or Casino highly desirable but not essential.
- Able to multi-task
- Undertakes training when requested
- Must be willing to travel if required to do so
- Planning and organizing
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative
- Team player
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Excellent communication skills
An excellent and attractive remuneration package will be offered to the selected candidate(s), depending on experience.
If you believe your career objectives match this role, please email in confidence a detailed CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 December 2017.