1.0 Working Context
WH Partners is a Malta-based law firm particularly active in the areas of technology, gaming & gambling, payments, tax, corporate law, corporate finance, yachting, aviation, employment, property, M&A and corporate services. Our firm has received several awards in recognition of its leading expertise in the gaming & gambling industry and the quality of the services it provides. Both our firm and individual partners are highly ranked by the leading independent legal directories.
At WH Partners, we strive to provide the highest quality of service to our clients. This is our major focus and concern. We can only do this when we work as a team and when we all go the extra mile to perform our work meticulously and on time.
2.0 Objective of the Role
- To provide general support to Firm and to clients
- To contribute to the strategic and operational development
- To monitor, evaluate and secure quality assurance
3.0 Main Responsibilities
- Setting up of companies, preparation and submission of statutory filings as well as performing other statutory obligations as is required of a company secretary;
- Opening / closure of bank accounts and liaising with various banks on a daily basis;
- Maintaining company registers;
- Co-ordinating and handling day-to-day client requests in relation to their companies;
- Attending corporate client meetings and keeping of minutes;
- Liaising with lawyers, accountants, auditors and other service providers on behalf of the corporate clients;
- Collection and verification of due diligence conducted as part of our know-your-client procedures.
To perform any other duty that may be assigned by the Employer from time to time
4.0 Knowledge, skills and experience
- Good standard of education
- Good written, and verbal English
- 3-5 year experience in a similar position
- Attention to detail
- Conversant with MS office applications
- Very good time management skills
- Able to multi-task
- Able to keep calm under stressful situations
- Able to interact cordially, with respect and dignity with other colleagues
- Able to take a pro-active approach to work to make sense of issues, identify and solve problems.
- Listens and questions effectively to gain a thorough understanding of what is required.
- Knowledge of another language may be considered an asset.
- Own car and valid driving licence
- Will be the link between clients and all key departments
6.0 Impact and Influence
- Supports colleagues and acts in the best interests of the firm
- Liaises with clients, banks and relevant government authorities, as required
7.0 Working Conditions
- Undertakes training when requested
8.0 IMPERATIVE Characteristic
- Have a discreet and professional disposition
- Have a flexible attitude
- Methodical approach to checking and verifying data
9.0 Key Competencies
- Planning and organising
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative
- Customer service orientation
- Communication skills
10.0 Key relationships/customers
- Various government and private sector departments
- Colleagues across all of the firm’s practice area
An excellent and attractive remuneration package will be offered to the selected candidate.
Friday 30 June 2017