1.0 Working Context
WH Partners is a Malta-based law firm particularly active in the areas of technology, gaming & gambling, payments, tax, corporate law, corporate finance, M&A and corporate services. Our firm has received several awards in recognition of its leading expertise in the gaming & gambling industry and the quality of the services it provides. Both our firm and individual partners are highly ranked by the leading independent legal directories.
At WH Partners, we strive to provide the highest quality of service to our clients. This is our major focus and concern. We can only do this when we work as a team and when we all go the extra mile to perform our work meticulously and on time.
2.0 Objective of the Role
To provide support in the Tax Department
Primary: TAX & VAT Compliance
- Preparing and submitting VAT Forms, including registration / de-registration
- Reconciliations of VAT Accounts
- Preparing, managing, reporting and submission of statutory returns
- Company Annual Tax Returns
- Individual Persons Tax Returns
- VAT Returns
- VAT Recapitulative Returns
- FSS Reports (payroll)
- ANY other statutory reporting obligation and/or return as may be enacted by the Government from time to time.
- Preparing and submitting Shareholder Registration Forms
- Preparing and submitting DDT Forms in a timely manner
- Reconciliations of TAX Accounting
- Preparing Dividend Warrants as and when required
- Preparing and submitting Tax Refund Claim Forms
- Liaising with Tax Authorities (IRD / VAT) in assisting our clients
- Double Taxation Relief Forms
Secondary: Accounting & Payroll Services
- Managing a portfolio of clients and clients’ accounting documents and records
- Provision of accountancy services in a professional and timely manner
- Prepare reports on clients’ accounts for internal use and review
- Preparation of Management Accounts and Financial Statements
- Ensuring proper accounting methods, principles and policies are being followed
- Verifying and filing of payroll reports (FSS) with the Inland Revenue Department
Other General Duties
- Establishing/maintaining physical files and filing of documents
- Other general duties as may be required from time to time.
4.0 Knowledge, skills and experience
- Possess a degree in accounting or would have started ACCA studies
- Have a sound knowledge of Accounting Standards (IASs / IFRSs / GAPSME)
- Previous experience in accounts
- Good written, verbal and report-writing skills in English
- Conversant with MS office applications
- Able to multi-task
- Able to manage stressful situations
- Able to manage a portfolio of clients
- Able to meet statutory reporting deadlines
- Have very good time management skills
VAT Diploma and/or MIT Diploma (or equivalent) will be considered an asset
An excellent and attractive remuneration package will be offered to the selected candidate(s), depending on experience.
If you believe your career objectives match this role, please email in confidence a detailed CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 30th September, 2017.