The Individual Investor Programme of the Republic of Malta allows for the grant of citizenship to foreign individuals and their families who contribute to the economic development of Malta. It is the first programme of its kind to be recognised by the European Commission. The government agency responsible for this programme is Identity Malta.
Key advantages of IIP in Malta:
- A well-respected and stable EU country, a member of the Eurozone and Commonwealth;
- EU citizenship gives right of establishment in all 28 EU countries and Switzerland;
- Visa-free travel to more than 160 countries
- Reasonable contribution and efficient application process;
- Strict due diligence standards and vetting of applicants;
- Malta is an attractive place to live in and is strategically located with excellent air links.
The general requirements for a person to apply under the programme are as follows:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Commit to making a contribution to the National Development and Social Fund
- Proof of residence in Malta
- Proof of title of residential property in Malta
- Commit to invest, amongst others, in stocks, bonds, debentures, special purpose vehicles or to make other investments as set out below.
Financial and other requirements/commitments
Main applicant € 650,000
Spouse € 25,000
For each and every child below 18 years of age € 25,000
For each and every unmarried child between 18 years and 26 years of age € 50,000
For each and every dependent parent above 55 years of age € 50,000
Main applicant shall invest in Malta an amount of at least € 150,000 in amongst other stocks, bonds, debentures, special purpose vehicles, or other investment vehicles, and retain the investment for at least 5 years.
Main applicant shall either:
- Acquire a residential immovable property in Malta having a minimum value of € 350,000 and retain such property for a period of at least 5 years, or
- Lease a residential immovable property in Malta for a minimum annual rent of € 16,000 and retain such property for a period of at least 5 years
The entire process takes between 12 months – 24 months. The process may be shorter if the applicant shows proof of residence in Malta for 12 months prior to application.
An application seeking the naturalisation as a citizen of Malta under the Individual Investor Programme must be submitted to Identity Malta by an Accredited Person. WH Partners has been authorised to act as an accredited agent by Identity Malta Agency.
To find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com