In 2015 the Maltese Government launched the MVRP, a residency programme which allows the beneficiary and his dependents to reside, settle or stay indefinitely in Malta and to travel freely in the Schengen Area without having to apply for a visa.
Requirements/eligibility for the Malta Residency and Visa Programme
The applicant shall:
- be at least 18 years old;
- have comprehensive health insurance;
- have a clean criminal record, pass the due diligence test;
- Invest €250,000 for a minimum period of 5 years from the date the certificate is issued
- Do one of the following:
1. Purchase a property for not less than €270,000 in Gozo or the south of Malta or no less than €320,000 if in the rest of Malta. Or;
2. Rent a qualifying property taken on lease for a rent of not less than €10,000 per year in Gozo or the south of Malta or no less than €12,000 per year if in the rest of Malta.
- Pay a one off contribution of €30,000.
- The individual must have either an annual income of at least €100,000 from outside of Malta or be in possession of at least €500,000 in capital.
Dependents in the direct line of the main applicant (spouse, children, civil partner and parents) may also benefit from the programme. Following the death of the main applicant, the certificate may be inherited by the dependents subject to approval by Identity Malta. Applications for the MVRP are subject to a non-refundable administrative fee of € 5,500.
How WH Partners can help
WH Partners are approved agents of Identity Malta and can apply on behalf of clients for the Malta Residency and Visa Programme.
In addition to assistance with the application process in terms of the Malta Residency and Visa Programme, WH Partners can advise you on tax planning, real estate, investment, wealth management, inheritance planning, financial services and corporate matters.
To find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com