As of (23/05/16), applications are now being accepted for the long awaited Malta Residency and Visa Programme (MRVP) which was first announced in 2015. The programme falls under the Immigration Act and provides non-EU/EAA/Swiss National investors with indefinite residence rights subject to meeting the qualifying criteria and contributions.
The issuing of a certificate grants the holder and their dependents the right to reside in Malta indefinitely as well as the ability to travel visa-free throughout the Schengen Area. The idea behind the project is to encourage investment and new business ventures from non-EU/EAA/Swiss National sources. The general requirements for the issuing of a certificate include:
- Being at least 18 years old;
- Having a clean criminal record (as do his dependents) and passing the due diligence test;
- Owning (minimum starting at €270,000-€320,000 dependent on location) or renting (minimum starting at €10,000-€12,000 dependent on location)a property with a minimum qualifying value for a period for no less that five years;
- Committing to pay in full, a contribution of €30,000 in accordance with the regulations, as well as administration fees;
- Having an income of at least €100,000 per annum arising outside of Malta, or at least €500,000 in capital;
- Full and comprehensive health insurance for Malta and the whole of Europe.
Identity Malta is the government agency which has been entrusted with the running of the MRVP and all applications must be administered by a registered accredited agent. WH Partners are authorised by Identity Malta to administer MRVP applications as well as the Malta Individual Investors Programme.
For further information, please contact Ramona Azzopardi at firstname.lastname@example.org