The person occupying this position will:
- Ensure proper implementation of AML/CFT Policies and Procedures by personally overseeing all internal processes.
- Coordinate the preparation of client CDD files at on-boarding stage and conducting risk-based monitoring of clients thereafter.
- Perform risk assessments of existing and new clients, evaluate and identify suspicious behaviour and report to the MLRO on any appropriate action required.
- Perform periodical internal audits and draw up reports / gap analysis for the MLRO and the Firm.
- Recommend actions following such audits for an ongoing compliance improvement programme.
- Ensure all CDD information and documentation is correctly recorded and maintained.
- Be familiar and keep abreast with AML/CFT legislation and regulations in Malta.
- Take the lead with annual reporting requirements to the MFSA and FIAU.
- Be a key contact person for all AML/CFT related matters and liaise with all departments to ensure AML procedures are adhered to.
- Perform ad-hoc AML projects as may be required from time to time.
The ideal candidate for this job should
- be in possession of a professional qualification or relevant training relating to AML, CDD, Governance Risk and Compliance.
- have a minimum of 3 years experience handling compliance tasks as outlined above.
How to apply
If you believe your career objectives match this role, please email a detailed CV and covering letter to email@example.com.